Subject: Re: PMAG-BA
To: Karl Maftoum <k.maftoum@student.canberra.edu.au>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/27/1997 19:36:38
In message <Pine.SOL.3.91.970922001220.1903B-100000@student.canberra.edu.au>Kar
l Maftoum writes:

>Qn: We have one machine with a PMAG-C, well that's what we think it is..
>its got PMAG-C written on the back and appears to have it's own processor
>and RAM on board the card. What are the monitors that match? The VR299's
>we have are out-of-sync on that card.

AFAIK, you need a 1280x1024 monitor at 60 or 66Hz, I can't remember
which. A monitor from a PMAGB-BA (sfb) should work.

*However*, NetBSD/pmax has no support for this card at all, not even
enough to handle the vertical-retrace interrupt.  That means that on a
5000/1xx machine, you may have to pull the board to get NetBSD to
boot.

If you have NetBSD booted on a 5000/125 with a PMAG-C, please let me
know: the compatibility list will need updating.