Subject: Re: PMAG-BA
To: Jim Blandy <jimb@red-bean.com>
From: Karl Maftoum <k.maftoum@student.canberra.edu.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/22/1997 00:17:09
On Sun, 21 Sep 1997, Jim Blandy wrote:

> Does NetBSD-pmax support the PMAG-BA frame buffer?  I've checked the
> port web page, and found it unclear on this point.

Yup, we're running it on a DECstation 5000/125, 64mb RAM, 500mb HDD (RZ26
or was that 56?), PMAG-BA, VR-299 .. works fine, X and all.. about the
speed of a top end 486, perhaps greater in fact. All around very usuable,
we're doing some work with using PVM for mathematical modelling.

Just remember with X to link /dev/mouse to /dev/fb0...

Qn: We have one machine with a PMAG-C, well that's what we think it is..
its got PMAG-C written on the back and appears to have it's own processor
and RAM on board the card. What are the monitors that match? The VR299's
we have are out-of-sync on that card.

Cheers
Karl

Karl Maftoum
Computer Engineering Student at the University of Canberra, Australia

Email: k.maftoum@student.canberra.edu.au

I am getting very sick of getting SPAM..... I won't retaliate, I just
won't buy your product, and will recommend others to do the same.