Subject: Re: Using mouse and keyboard...[MISTEAK]
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: D. J. Vanecek <djv@bedford.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/11/1997 11:32:51
> > I need an extra (low-speed) serial port on a DECstation 3100 and
> > 5000/200.  On the NetBSD pmax page (under the 2100 and 3100) is the
> > comment: "Two ports are reserved for a keyboard and mouse. (An
> > adaption-connector can make these ports usable as RS-232  serial ports
> > with no modem control.)"
> >
> > Can anyone give me a part number, or wiring information for such an
> > adaptor?  Any advice
> > would be appreciated.
> >

> Hi,
>
> poke around DEC's place at ftp: crl.dec.com/pub/Digital/CRL/tech-reports

BIG OOOPS. That's just where I *thought* I got it. Where I got it is
now open to debate :) At any rate, I'm happy to email this
thing (185K zipped before uuencoding ) to those who want it. If there's
any demand, I'll put it on a broken web page. But it's already
out there *somewhere*.

> I think there's a PMax functional spec there. Can't remember the title --
> but it's about 180KB compressed. This might be enough (haven't read it
> in detail). You want it anyway :)

Sorry for the boner,

Dave