Subject: almost there with the 5000/260...a little help needed!
To: pmax <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christopher Preston <cmlp@cadmium.chemistry.uq.edu.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/11/1997 13:31:22
Hi all,
I used the new 32M-diskimage last night to get my 5000/260 to boot for the
first time. I was
very happy! My problem is, one I have NetBSD booted I can't manage to mount
my Ultrix partitions.

The first problem appeared that the root fs is mounted read only to start
with, so I went

	mount /dev/rz4a /   (bsd disk is scsi id 4)

So then I appeared to have the root fs mounted read/write. I could
make/read/rm files with cat.

But when I tried to mount an Ultrix partition (from scsi id 3)...

	mount -t ufs /dev/rz3g /mnt (rz3g is /usr/users under ultrix)

I get an error message something like (from memory) "Mounting Ultrix
partition. Filesystem
Read Only". And it doesn't mount it! So I can't get to the other packages
to do a full install onto
another disk (scsi id 1).

So, can anyone please give me an idea of what I am doing wrong!? Thanks....

Chris.

Christopher Preston cmlp@cadmium.chemistry.uq.edu.au
Chemistry Department, University of Queensland
Australia http://cadmium.cheimstry.uq.edu.au/cmlp/