Subject: diskless boot problem
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: H. Jared Agnew <jagnew@vtaix.cc.vt.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/03/1997 18:05:34
  Has anyone had a problem with diskless booting where the end result is this.

 you type
   boot 3/tftp

 machines talk and the size of the kernel comes up on the pmax however after
 tcpdump on helper machine) it dumps out with this error

  +41600?IO: 3/tftp, a.out error err (-5)

 Now I dont pretend to know excatly what I'm talking about but when I first
 started playing with disless about a year ago when it dumped it gave err (-2)
 or -3 can't quite remember, it also dump right away without trasfering any
 of the kernel.

  The kernel I'm trying to load is smaller than the 1.2 stable that works, and
I got it down from sup nfsnetbsd.ecoff.

  Any idears would be areciated.

---  Jared
--jared@vt.edu