Subject: Re: more userland "make build" probs
To: Terry R. Friedrichsen <terry@venus.sunquest.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/29/1997 16:43:55
> 1)  in src/lib/libc/arch/mips/gen/_setjmp.S, the comment "don't matter, sanity"
> makes mkdep complain about an unterminated character constant; the apostrophe
> is clearly confusing it. (this isn't really a problem, just an observation)

IMO, "no warning/error is too trivial"--submit a PR (w/ send-pr).

> 2)  after spending several hours doing quite a bit of work, the procedure
> eventually emits the promising message "building standard c library".
> This is the last you ever hear from it; it hangs at that point

Hmmm...  How much RAM do you have?  Are you running X?  (Can you run X
with NetBSD/pmax these days?)  How much swap do you have?

I didn't have these problems on a 5000/25 a week or two ago when I ran a
"make build".

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com