Subject: Re: probs with 19-aug sources
To: None <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/22/1997 00:10:46
>From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
>
>Terry R. Friedrichsen" writes:
>
>>2)  in building userland from sources, I got a failure at
>>domestic/lib/libkrb/krb_err.et with "compile_et not found".
>>Perhaps this should be in the snapshot so the userland "make
>>build" works after installing the snapshot binaries?
>
>I think this is `normal'. I think if you do a `make depend' first, the
>Makefiles will build the program generators that build the C .h header
>files the .et files.

Snapshots don't contain anything built from the 'domestic' sources,
afaik, so that they may be exported safely.

To bootstrap a domestic system you must build and install two programs
manually before your first "make build":

cd /usr/src/domestic/usr.bin/compile_et
make cleandir && make depend && make && make install
cd /usr/src/domestic/usr.bin/make_cmds
make cleandir && make depend && make && make install

Cheers,
entropy

This message may refer to a product containing software developed by
Christopher G. Demetriou for the NetBSD Project.