Subject: Re: Newer toolchain than the snapshot?
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/21/1997 12:51:26
> 	and gcc 2.7.2.2.

That's the same gcc that's in the source tree, right?  It looks like the
makefile in gnu/usr.bin/gcc should be trying to build gcc, and it is,
but I'm getting a ton of errors building libgcc1.a.  Should I just skip
building gcc on pmax?

> We could punt on the svr4 ABI, but that basically means we'd have to
> support our own toolchain back-end.  Time, time...

Yeah...  No thanks.

> At least some of this _seems_ to be a bug in the toolchain.  There are
> two problems here: the malloc() problems and modf.S.

Ah.  Ok.  I'm recompiling with the new modf.S now.

> I don't have a clue about  malloc()/free(). I'm guessing it's ld.so....

I think so, too.

> No, I don't think rebuliding the toolchain would help.  We really need
> to get the `standard' NetBSD ld.elf_so working.  I haven't had time to
> work on that in ages. All the kernel support is there, though.

Yeah...  I know the feeling.  I don't have time to work on it, either.
I've got my hands too full as it is.  :-(

Thanks for the reply, though!

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com