Subject: Re: NetBSD and FZA SAS FDDI card
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/21/1997 09:24:10
> Has anyone written the nic code to support DEC's FZA single attached
> turbo channel FDDI card?  Most of my DS5k/240's have the FZA cards
> in them and I was wondering about using NetBSD in place of Ultrix
> on a select group of applications.

Just FYI, I've once used DEFTA (PDQ PMAF-FA) FDDI turbo channel card
with DEC 3000 model 300 (21064 alpha machine).  I tried severe network
traffic over FDDI, and NetBSD/Alpha snapshot could drive it
flawlessly.  I had no chance for DEFTA with MIPS machines, though.  At
least one implementation can work with NetBSD.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology