Subject: Re: perl?
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/14/1997 20:19:45
On Aug 15,  7:21am, Simon Burge wrote:
> This was the problem I reported back in March, and after a quick scan
> through the mailling archives I can't seem to find the solution.  The
> problem seemed to be toolchain related - Thomas reported OpenBSD didn't
> have the problem.  The workaround I had (as I think Sean mentioned?) was
> to compile perl statically.
>
> On Thu, 14 Aug 1997 11:50:25 -0700  Jonathan Stone wrote:
>
> > I e-mailed Sean and Simon Burge a possible fix for modf.S.  (I can't
> > try it right now, my source tree is busy building a snapshot.)

  I just took a look at this, and the problem looks like it's related to
the 'li.d $f2, 450...' instruction.  It loads $at from -32744($gp), and
then uses -15744($at) to load the data.  -15744($at) is apparently not
a valid address.  At that point, $at points to "\177ELF\001\001\001";
this looks like it could be the data for the libc shared library.  If so,
then the offset from the $at register for the data should be positive.
Either the the shared library initialization is storing the wrong address
at -32744($gp), or the offset for -15744($at) was generated incorrectly.

  I'm not very familiar at all with how the ELF shared library stuff works
to know what the real problem is.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant