Subject: Success?
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Leo Bicknell <bicknell@ufp.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/29/1997 22:37:38
        I managed to finally finish a "make build"
and get a working (!?) system.  So far things look
fairly good.  I'll be sending out a note soon
with a few problems I ran into detailed so future
builders can have a smoother go.

        Anyway, after I got it built I tried to
install tcsh and top.  As they both failed I stoped
with additional software. :-)  top complains that
it can't find all these kernel goodies, and then
locked my tty hard (top 3.3).  Is there a NetBSD
friendly version of top around?  tcsh was slightly
more interesting, it complied cleanly (with the
bsd4.4 config), but when I ran it I get:
free(1009a400) bad block. (memtop = 100a0000 membot = 1008d540)

        So, the real question is did I just pick
two bad software packages, or is my build completely
broken? :-)  Can someone endorse a method to test
functionality?

        Thanks.

--
    Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org