Subject: Re: panic: malloc: out of space in kmem_map
To: Rob Funk <rfunk@peri.acs.ohio-state.edu>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/24/1997 15:43:14
On  Thu, 24 Jul 1997 10:20:16 -0400 (EDT),
   Rob Funk <rfunk@peri.acs.ohio-state.edu> writes:

Gregory McGarry wrote:
>I always get the following panic when compiling a new kernel on
>a DS5000/25 with the latest snapshot:
>
>  panic: malloc: out of space in kmem_map

>I just got that when first trying to untar the /usr/src/sys directory
>(just retrieved from ftp.netbsd.org) from NFS to a local rz57 disk.
>My second attempt was successful.

Yesterday I put a newer kernel on ftp.netbsd.org.  (There may have
been some profiling cruft left in the Ethernet driver which may have
caused this problem.)  Could you install that kernel over the one you
got yesterday and see if it works any better?

I haven't changed the userland snapshot, if ps is really mismatched
then I need to build a newer snapshot.  But the binary ps that went
into the snapshot works fine for me on the newer kernel.