Subject: Re: personal decstation/25 HW question
To: None <josephr@dvsweb.com>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/23/1997 09:45:23
Hi.

> i bought a personal decstation/25 with keyboard and mouse, but no
> monitor. it has a 470 mb scsi hdd, two empty turbochannel slots, and
> four empty memory slots. when i plug it in with keyboard and mouse, the
> hdd spins up, but the green LED on the front flashes eternally.

I have "Personal DECstation User's Guide" at hand, and it describes
some diagnostics on power on self test in trouble shooting section.

	Continuous flashes will be displayed if a problem is encountered
	using the memory contained on the base module.

Your DECstation5000 model 25 is equipped with 8MB memory onboard.  If the
onboard memory was really dead, you have to swap main board itself.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology