Subject: Re: new snapshot on ftp.netbsd.org
To: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
From: Leo Bicknell <bicknell@ufp.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/20/1997 09:59:29
> You must have done something wrong.  On a system withe the most recent
> snapshot freshly unpacked, I got:

	I think I opened a can of worms. :-)

	I looked around some more, I'd say all of my groups
are completely messed up.  I then looked at the /etc/group
on my miniroot and the one that ended up in /etc (from base.tar).
They are different. :-(  You'll see them attached to the bottom
of this message.

	So, what's the right version of /etc/group? :-)

(FWIW: Most of /bin is group tty, which is 4, which on the
       miniroot /etc/group would be bin, which sounds right.)

/etc/group from a 1.2 miniroot:
system:*:0:
daemon:*:1:
uucp:*:2:
kmem:*:3:
bin:*:4:
staff:*:10:
operator:*:28:

/etc/group from the latest snapshot:
wheel:*:0:root,bicknell
daemon:*:1:daemon
kmem:*:2:root
sys:*:3:root
tty:*:4:root
operator:*:5:root
bin:*:7:
wsrc:*:9:
games:*:13:
users:*:15:
staff:*:20:root
guest:*:31:root
nobody:*:39:
utmp:*:45:
ingres:*:74:ingres
dialer:*:117:
nogroup:*:32766:

NOTE: I added my user ID to wheel, and the group "users", 15.

--
Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org
         System Administrator / Network Technician