Subject: Re: new snapshot on ftp.netbsd.org
To: None <bicknell@ufp.org>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/20/1997 09:30:19
>From: Leo Bicknell <bicknell@ufp.org>
>[...]
>	Oh yeah, one more note.  I unpacked the tarballs
>with "tar xvpf", which correctly made programs like
>"w" and "pstat" setgid.  This would be wonderful if the
>group was right, they came out group sys on my system
>and I've been manually changing them to "kmem" as I
>notice.  Did I do something wrong or is there a
>minor problem with the tarballs?

You must have done something wrong.  On a system withe the most recent
snapshot freshly unpacked, I got:

Script started on Sun Jul 20 09:24:15 1997
[501]entropy@ubik:~ $ ls -l `which w` `which pstat`
-r-xr-sr-x  2 bin  kmem  15912 Jul 16 01:57 /usr/bin/w*
-r-xr-sr-x  1 bin  kmem  22940 Jul 16 02:03 /usr/sbin/pstat*
[502]entropy@ubik:~ $ exit

Script done on Sun Jul 20 09:24:38 1997

Each of the snapshot packages was installed with a command like:
tar -C / --unlink -xzvpf package.tar.gz

cheers,
entropy

This message may refer to a product containing software developed by
Christopher G. Demetriou for the NetBSD Project.