Subject: Re: Installation Script
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/19/1997 00:07:26
On Fri, 18 Jul 1997 17:47:28 -0700,
   Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov> writes:

 >On Fri, 18 Jul 1997 19:58:09 -0400
 > Philip.Tait@phxase.allied.com (Philip Tait) wrote:
 >
 > > Wouldn't the OpenBSD/pmax installation script be a good start?  I don't
 > > think there are any restrictions on stealing from it.
 >
 >>"OpenBSD's" installation script is taken directly from NetBSD's.  A
 >>good portion of it was implemented by me, originally for the hp300.

Um, yes, it shares that with much else in OpenBSD :).

But (as author of both), would you recommend starting with the OpenBSD
script as-is, or re-adapting NetBSD's MI scripts to install on top of
the currently running root?  (see my earlier reply about problems building
a mips miniroot for NetBSD, and I assume also OpenBSD)