Subject: Re: 5000/25, Netboot
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/07/1997 20:14:05
On  Tue, 08 Jul 1997 10:42:41 +0900,
  Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp> writes:

[[ installation instructions snipped]]

>* When you completed whole NetBSD/pmax installation (beware, there are
>  many pitfalls even if you are familar with UNIX installation process,
>  but I have little space to write them all here), and you are confident
>  you've done well, halt the unit and get PROM prompt again.

hi,

*Please* send me a list of what could go wrong.  I have done
installations so often under adverse circumstances (e.g., bringing up
a new port on machines, installation on a machine after I've trashed
the root filesystem and partition table :)) that I truly don't notice
the things that can go wrong anymore.

I either avoid them without thinking about it, or just fix it.