Subject: Re: working ECOFF tftpboot on 3MIN, MAXINE
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gregory McGarry <gmcgarry@lux.sprc.qut.edu.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/07/1997 19:31:13
Toru Nishimura wrote:

> > A kernel built with today's elf2ecoff works fine on my 5000/150.  I've
> > put the binary on ftp.netbsd.org.  If someone (Tohru Nisimura or
> > Gregory McGarry or anyone else) could try running elf2ecoff on an ELF
> > kernel, TFTPbooting the resulting ECOFF kernel, please let me know if
> > it works.
>
> I tried to TFTPboot with DS5000/25 and got a positive result.  It
> could start booting off after successful TFTP downloading.

I downloaded the new netbsd.ecoff off ftp.netbsd.org and it worked for
me also (well it got about as far as any other using "go 0x80030000").

The hardware and prom version list might be useful to be extended to
include the video boards.  A date and source (7/7/97 port-pax@netbsd.org)
might also be useful just in case it travels in circles.

Regards,
Greg

--
Gregory McGarry