Subject: Re: tftp booting DS5000/25+150 with problem prom
To: Gregory McGarry <gmcgarry@lux.sprc.qut.edu.au>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/05/1997 22:29:30
On Jul  6,  2:11pm, Gregory McGarry wrote:
> At the point something goes wrong, the internal SCSI driver spins
> up, leading me to think it is something to do with the SCSI bus.
> But really, I have no idea.  With prom bugs and what-not...

  This sounds like the console driver isn't configuring properly when
the serial port gets configured.  The kernel is probably continue
with the boot, since the SCSI drive won't spin up until the SCSI
device configuration is done, which will be after the autoconfig
stuff is done.  I'd suspect that it is getting to the point of prompting
for input, but nothing is getting output to the serial port.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant