Subject: Booting a 2100/3100
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Reini (Reinhold Huber) <Reinhold.Huber@Fachschaften.TU-Muenchen.DE (Reinhold Huber)>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/30/1997 23:55:48
Hi!

I tried to boot a 2100 with NetBSD diskimage 32M-diskimage.gz from directory
/pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax on ftp.netbsd.org, date June 15.

I dd'ed the unzipped image onto rz1 and rz2 (yes, I need two) using:

dd if=/mnt/fssrv/netbsd/32M-diskimage of=/dev/rz<1|2>

using the fragments of Ultrix which are on rz0.

which worked (20xxx blocks in, 20xxx blocks out).

When I try to boot with the console command

boot -f rz(0,1,0)netbsd

it tells me:

Boot: rz(0,1,0)netbsd
rz(0,1,0)netbsd: Bad magic 6ddbb66d
Can't boot 'rz(0,1,0)netbsd'

KN01 V7.0
<ethernet-address ...>

If I try rz2 instead, it tells me a different 'magic': c0d50200

Is there something wrong with the filesystems or some bits of the kernel,
is there another image somewhere that I could try?
(the file /pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax/network-install/diskimage.tar.gz is a
tarball of a root fs and not dd'able on discs)

Any help is appreciated.

Greetings,
Reinhold Huber