Subject: Re: Clearing password in boot monitor of DS5000/25
To: None <gmcgarry@lux.sprc.qut.edu.au>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/29/1997 03:27:40
>From: Gregory McGarry <gmcgarry@lux.sprc.qut.edu.au>
>
>I want to install NetBSD on a DS5000/25.  It won't do a tftp
>boot.  I think this may be cause the boot monitor has a password
>on it and it is restricted.  Is there a way to clear the password?

If it's restricted, you'll see an "R>" prompt instead of the normal
">>" prompt.

I know the 5000/120 has a jumper to clear the NVRAM.  The jumper on
the 5000/120 is at the front of the motherboard near the power
connector, and is labeled something obvious like "NVR".  If you can
find the right jumper on your /25, power off, stick a jumper on there,
power on, then when you get the ">>" prompt, power off and remove the
jumper, then power on again.  You'll have to reset all environment
variables after doing that.

This message may refer to a product containing software developed by
Christopher G. Demetriou for the NetBSD Project.