Subject: csu/mips compilation failure
To: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/24/1997 13:04:00
>With sup of 24 June 1997, compilation in lib/csu/mips gives
>
>cc -O -DLIBC_SCCS -fPIC -DPIC -DDYNAMIC -DELFSIZE=32 -Werror -DCRT0 -c /home/src/lib/csu/mips/crt0.c -o crt0.o
>/home/src/lib/csu/mips/crt0.c:50: rtld.h: No such file or directory
>*** Error code 1

>As crt0.c was updated with this sup, I suspect that one or more header
>afiles were either omitted or not referenced correctly.

Oops.  Yes, Makefile in src/lib/csu/mips needs updating.
The change is simply to un-comment-out the line

	#CFLAGS+=      -I/usr/src/libexec/ld.elf_so

which is already there.  This is fixed in tomorrow's sup.  For now you
can fix it by manually removing the '#" in that line.

The crt0 changes add hooks to support the NetBSD standard ld.elf_so,
which supports dlfn(3) dynamic loading -- e.g., for Perl.  ld.elf_so
needs more mips-specific work too, but this is the first step.