Subject: Re: New Greek Scenery
To: Kevin Sullivan <ksulliva@psc.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/23/1997 13:12:41
On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Kevin Sullivan wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Jun 1997 12:47:04 PDT, Ted Lemon says
> >Either the Cygnus.com mail<->news gateway is hosed, or a mail<->news
> >gateway at allied.com is hosed, or somebody subscribed the port-pmax
> >mailing list to a bunch of other mailing lists.
>
> Argh!  I sent mail to postmaster@allied.com a bit ago asking them to fix
> it, and that mail bounced.  Someone has a very screwed-up mail system.

EMail to postmaster@tmpil001.tmp.allied.com did work (I think). I've
complained. I suggest a lot of folks do.

Another option is to call Allied Signal (== allied.com)'s corporate phone
# at 1 800 810 4340. I got in and got bounced around, and ended up leaving
voice mail for the director of MIS. I think the more messages, the better.
Especially from folks working at companies which buy things from them. :-)

Take care,

Bill