Subject: .cprestore?
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/18/1997 23:56:04
I'm currently doing a make build, which seems to be running much
better than my try the day before yesterday.  It's been running for
about 7 or 8 hours now.

I have a question that's been nagging at me for a while...during the
build I get lots of messages like:

cc -O  -D_CURSES_PRIVATE -I/usr/src/lib/libcurses -fPIC -DPIC -DABICALLS -Werror  -c -pg idlok.c -o idlok.po
/var/tmp/cc009965.s: Assembler messages:
/var/tmp/cc009965.s:41: Warning: No .cprestore pseudo-op used in PIC code

Do these warnings indicate something wrong in the source tree,
something wrong with my compilation environment, or is it just random
spam that should be ignored?

Thanks,
entropy

This message may refer to a product containing software developed by
Christopher G. Demetriou for the NetBSD Project.