Subject: Error while doing a "make build"
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/17/1997 19:36:54
I tried to do a "make build" of -current supped on June 16.

===> lib/libc
creating accept.o
In file included from :1:
/usr/src/lib/libc/arch/mips/SYS.h:73: machine/machAsmDefs.h: No such
file or directory
: Assembler messages:
:2: Error: unrecognized opcode `leaf(accept)'
:2: Warning: expected `$'
:2: Error: Rest of line ignored. First ignored character is `9'.
:2: Error: illegal operands `li'
:2: Error: illegal operands `bne'
:2: Error: illegal operands `la'
:2: Error: illegal operands `jr'
:2: Error: unrecognized opcode `end(accept)'
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I couldn't find machAsmDefs.h in any directory other than
/sys/arch/pica/include.

Am I wasting my time trying to do "make build" on pmax?  I've never
actually had a "make build" successfully run all the way through to a
successful installation, and I've tried periodically over the past few
months.  Is this just not expected to work on any platform other than
i386 (where I do "make build" fairly often)?

Should I just give up and stick to the binary snapshots?  Or am I
performing some useful function in pointing out that this doesn't
work (at least not often enough that my random sampling of sups has
never pulled down a buildable set of sources)?

Cheers,
entropy

This message may refer to a product containing software developed by
Christopher G. Demetriou for the NetBSD Project.