Subject: Re: Performance of SCSI writing.
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Takuya Koumoto <takuya-k@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/06/1997 04:11:04
> Hmm - on my DS5000/25 and an RZ25 (but using a 99MB file), I get:
>
>         1255855 bytes/second for writing the file
>         1337400 bytes/second for reading the file
>
> This is with a kernel built from sources around May 29 (and I don't know of
> any significant changes since then).  This was with the DS5000_25 config
> file with the DEBUG option enabled.

I have no specific modification on config file. My /usr
partition has 150MB of free space. I tried newfs on /usr
partition to avoid fragmentation, but which gives no
improvement. According to your information I also tried the
kernel of May 25 snapshot...

        339564 bytes/second for writing the file
        1146235 bytes/second for reading the file

My RZ25 may be broken (T_T).

Takuya.
---