Subject: Re: CD-ROM for NetBSD/pmax
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/02/1997 09:36:33
Jonathan Store wrote;

> AFAIK, NetBSD/pmax attaches SCSI disks as read-only rz
> devices; just mount /dev/rz?c as type cd9660.

RRZ42 worked fine for me.

>> While it seems natural NetBSD/pmax doesn't have either
>> MSDOSFS or ADOSFS in GENERIC, there are both mount_msdos and
>> mount_ados in pmax snapshot binary in turn.
>
> The mount and check tools for msdos and amigados filesystems are
> in the list of `standard' machine-independent command to put in /sbin.
> There's no easy way to exclude them from a distribution.

I see.  I could figure out later another usage of mount_msdos and
mount_ados with /dev/vnd*.

> I suppose someone could use an external SCSI floppy.  Is it worth
> adding msdosfs for that case?

I suggest to add MSDOSFS/ADOSFS file-system options in GENERIC and
make them commented out.  Someone willing to make these lines
uncommented knows what he/she wants to do, I guess.

>> Another subject; It's unreasonable standard NetBSD/pmax doesn't have
>> tunnel device in cdevsw[] table.  I enabled the codes as major number
>> 88, and it seems to run very well.  Over all, send-pr?
>
> Didn't conf.c already have an entry for tun (char device 90)?

I think pmax/pmax/conf.c in recent 1.2E source tree did not have it.
Anyway it's good to know tun has its own cdevsw[] entry. Thanks.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology