Subject: Re: help
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Takuya Koumoto <email@example.com>
Date: 05/28/1997 06:40:02
For easy installation, what I have done is below.
Machine-A: i386 PC(NetBSD/i386) with HDD-A.
Machine-B: DEC5000/25(Ultrix) with HDD-B.
1. Connect HDD-C to Machine-A and boot NetBSD/i386 on HDD-A.
2. Write disklabel by NetBSD/i386's disklabel.
3. Mount HDD-C and extract all NetBSD/pmax binary.
<At this point HDD-C is pure NetBSD/i386 disk>
4. Do "MAKEDEV all" on HDD-C and check /etc.
5. Connect HDD-C to Machine-B and boot Ultrix on HDD-B.
6. Write bootblock by NetBSD/pmax's disklabel for Ultrix.
<At this point, HDD-C is NetBSD/pmax bootable but unable
to mount on NetBSD/i386.>
7. Boot NetBSD/pmax on HDD-C and enjoy!