Subject: Re: final shared-lib toolchain changes; pmax 1.2E snapshot `soon'..
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/27/1997 20:32:21
> I've (at last1) committed changes to build the system-call libc stubs,
> and now the libposix syscall stubs too.  Anyone who wishes to should
> now be able to bootstrap an entire pmax source tree, including kernel,
> userland, and X11R6.3.  The sole possible exception is the bootblock
> code, which (AFAIK) still expects the old NetBSD-1.0 a.out mips
> toolchain.

So, once ufsboot is updated so as to load ELF kernel correctly, there
would be no need for ELF -> a.out convertion at the very last stage of
kernel build.  And it would eliminate one of obstacles for MIPS/DDB.
Sounds nice.  Build clean libsa like as NetBSD/i386 has done recently.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology