Subject: Re: CD-ROM for NetBSD/pmax
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/27/1997 09:32:43
> You need to compile a kernel with 'options CD9660' in the
> machine-specific file in '/usr/src/sys/arch/pmax/conf'. The
> GENERIC kernel doesn't have this option in it.

Oh, boy...  Careless mistake.  Thanks.  I didn't see what I didn't
commented out from GENERIC.  It's somehow misterious GENERIC doesn't
have CD9660 file-system and /dev/MAKEDEV has errornous description
about cd0.  While it seems natural NetBSD/pmax doesn't have either
MSDOSFS or ADOSFS in GENERIC, there are both mount_msdos and
mount_ados in pmax snapshot binary in turn.

> If the CD contained (for example), some Unix filesystem instead,
> you probably wouldn't have to do this, but could mount it directly
> as long as it was a directly supported type.

You are refering to some sort of SUN CD-ROMs, aren't you?

Another subject; It's unreasonable standard NetBSD/pmax doesn't have
tunnel device in cdevsw[] table.  I enabled the codes as major number
88, and it seems to run very well.  Over all, send-pr?

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology