Subject: Re: pmax and tcsh
To: Andris Strazdins <andzs@com.latnet.lv>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/25/1997 16:57:18
>Anyone tried to build tcsh on pmax with shared libs ?
>After build when I am starting tcsh I am getting such a warning
>"free(1009c400) bad block. (memtop = 100aa000 membot = 1008eb90)".
>I never saw this message before after compiling tcsh on 1.2 release
>with static libs or OpenBSD.

I still run with a static tcsh, because I use it as my shell and as
root's shell.  But I think if you look at the port-pmax, archives this
is fixed in the very latest tcsh from ftp.deshaw.com.

>Any ideas ?
>BTW latest NetBSD on which I tried this is march snapshot.

The entire toolchain has changed since then, so if the latest tcsh
source doesnt' fix it, upgrading is probably a good idea.
If tcsh still doesn't work after that, please send a PR.