Subject: Re: Is the March 16 kernel okay on a 3100?
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/16/1997 09:28:39
On May 16,  3:08am, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> >    NetBSD 1.2.1 (ACM0) #0: Thu Mar 27 17:34:50 PST 1997
> >    slumos@acm0.cs.unlv.edu:/usr/src/kernel/1.2.1/arch/pmax/compile/ACM0
>
> Wow.
>
> The March 25 kernel is OK, the march 15 kernel is broken.  I have no
> idea what's going on.  I'd welcome any suggestions.

  For starters, that working kernel is 1.2.1 - which is the 1.2 release
kernel with patches.  All of the working kernels appear to be 1.2 or 1.2.1.
All the failing kernels appear to be post-release kernels (1.2C and 1.2D).

  I have finally gotten my 3100 connected back up and have started trying
things out on it.  I had no trouble untaring the x11r3.3.tar.gz onto an HP
disk - but I just noticed that this was with a kernel built from the February
2 sources.  I'm going to reboot with a kernel built from the May 14 sources
and see what happens.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu