Subject: Re: Can someone test out a GENERIC kernel on a 3100?
To: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/16/1997 02:56:09
[[heinous 3100 failure during boot]]

Wow. This is clearly broken.

Speaking personally, for NetBSD/pmax, and for NetBSD as  a whole:

Can I encourage *everyone* to log problems  like this as PRs?
This should ``never happen''. This is an obvious bug.
The right way to report such bugs is by sending a PR.
It's good for you, and it's good for me, to report *all* panics
and crashes.

That's the only way we have a record of what breaks; and *that's* the
only way we can make sure the system as a whole has fewer and fewer bugs.

I'd positively *welcome* PRs like the e-mail Erik Bertelsen just sent.
As it is, I have no idea there are such problems.  (I confess I don't
always keep up with all personal e-mail; if the kernel crashes,
*always* send a PR!)