Subject: Re: Web archive of this list
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthew Schnierle <pyld@grove.iup.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/22/1997 01:47:52
On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, I wrote:

> Is there a web archive of this list (No, I don't count the ftp archives--I'm
> talking about something HTMLized)?
>
> If not, would there be any interest in one?

Since the answer was yes, I've thrown something together....

Take a look at http://www.co.iup.edu/netbsd-port-pmax/  (yeah, it's on an
Ultrix host--but not for much longer :-).

At any rate, I took the original FTP archives and fed them to mhonarc--I
did not split files up, however.  As a result, there is some overlap in
late december and early January postings (Early Jan 1997 postings might be
hanging on in 1996, for example).  Hey, I said it was a _quick_ hack.

For those of you who care:  The archives are updated "in real time"--I
subscribed a qmail alias to the list, which feeds each message to mhonarc
as soon as it is received.  FWIW, this is a brutally easy way to maintain
a web archive--it might be worth mentioning to core or whoever is
responsible for such things (since I think that one or more of the
netbsd.org mailservers are running qmail).

I have no immediate plans to implement a search function (finals are
quickly approaching, and I don't have the time).  Find or search in those
browsers will have to suffice.

-Matthew Schnierle
-pyld@grove.iup.edu
-http://www.iup.edu/~pyld/
-Member, Programmers Local 1036--AFL-CPIO.
-Stomp out Internet Spam.  http://www.vix.com/spam/