Subject: Miscellaneous questions on progress
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ben Cottrell <benco@ucsee.EECS.Berkeley.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/19/1997 14:04:16
I have a few questions for people... sorry if they've been discussed
already :-) I try to read all the postings here, but sometimes skim.

My NetBSD/pmax machine is 60 miles away from me and headless... not even
a serial console. It's also being used in a somewhat production environment;
both of these make it hard to do what I would *like* to do, which is track
-current :-) It's a DS3100, currently running -current from early last fall,
with a couple of local kernel hacks to improve stability. User-level is the
very first shared-library snapshot that was ever released.

So, if I were to install the latest userland snapshot, and compile a
-current kernel,
	* Would gdb work? (this is the most important thing)
	* What kinds of uptimes have people been seeing on moderately
	  heavily used DS3100s recently?

Thanks!
	~Ben