Subject: wierd nfs problem
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeff Senn <senn@maya.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/18/1997 11:42:09
So... I have an exported filesystem (on my 1.2D netbsd-pmax) that I
can mount from other systems.  From a sun and an Ultrix system (as a
client) things seem fine, but from another netbsd-pmax box I can mount
it but NO user can do anything with it (/mnt: Permission denied) --
including root (-maproot is specified and root works from the other
systems).  Also it does not show up in a 'df' (not
surprising). However, something thinks it's mounted because umount
works correctly.

I *can* mount and *access* Sun and Ultrix served filesystems on the same
netbsd box.

Is there something particular to the netbsd<-->netbsd situation?  Is there
something obvious I'm missing...

-Jas
Jeff Senn          412-488-2900 voice    MAYA Design Group  /|/| |-/ o | /-|
Sys.Engr./Director  412-488-2940 fax  2100 Wharton Street  / | | |/    |/  |
Engineering Group    senn@maya.com  Pittsburgh, PA 15203   Taming Complexity
                                                          http://www.maya.com/