Subject: Re: gdb or equivalent?
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/18/1997 10:13:52
Hi, Mike.

| I was trying to find gdb as I have a system crash I need to examine and
| it doesn't seem to be in the makefile for mips.
|
| Is it possible to build it or what do people use to debug crashes?

As far as I know there is no kernel debugger in NetBSD/pmax.  Most
NetBSD ports do have DDB builtin, but NetBSD/pmax does not.  There is
no way to look at kernel crash image because NetBSD/pmax can not do
crash dump correctly.  You might see saving crash image message on
kernel panic, and savecore runs while bootup, though they are
illusions.  Since NetBSD/pmax still uses old SCSI subsystem it can not
do it as smartly as generic machine-independent SCSI which most of
NetBSD ports use.  Please correct me if I'm wrong, Jonathan?

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology