Subject: Re: tcsh oddity
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David A Ellis <firehand@iastate.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/07/1997 20:58:52
In <199704071809.OAA11166@weenix.guru.org> Scott Gasch <scott@weenix.guru.org> writes:

>	Howdy.  I'm a bit new to netbsd so forgive me if this is a dumb
>	question... ;)

>	I'm having a problem with tcsh built/run under netbsd-pmax
>	kernel v. 1.2D.  When it begins execution, and also when it
>	handles an "internal shell command" like set or echo, I get
>	the following message:

>	free(100bc000) bad block. (memtop = 100c3800 membot = 100b2130)

>	Other than this oddity, it seems to work fine.  The compile is
>	totally clean, too... not a single warning message.  This is
>	the tcsh from FreeBSD /usr/ports/shells (v. 6.07.02)

>	Has anyone seen this / know what it means?

I actually saw it last night.  The fix for this is mentioned in the README
that came with the 6.06 source.  It suggests several ways to fix it.  The
easiest seemed to be to compile with -DSYSMALLOC, or defining it in
config_f.h.  After that it compiled with a few warnings about incompatible
pointer types, but it seems to run no problem.

Good Luck,
Dave

--
David A. Ellis		| Iowa State University:
firehand@iastate.edu	| Computation Center Operations