Subject: Re: Xcfbpmax on DS5000/25 - problem with mouse pointer
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/03/1997 11:22:51
On Apr  3,  3:06am, maximum entropy wrote:
> >From: Thomas Seidmann <seidmann@dcs.elf.stuba.sk>
>
> >problems with the behaviour of the mouse on the 5000/25. First, there is a
> >part of the screen (approximately the right 1/5), which can't be reached
> >by the pointer. Second, while having more than one window on the desktop,
> >mouse motions cause unpredictable effects, for example selection in one
> >window, focus changes etc. which should be all fired by pressing a mouse
> >button (which never happened). Any clue? TIA.
>
> No clues here, but I thought I'd mention I'm having similar symptoms
> with Xcfbpmax on a 5000/120 with PMAG-AA frame buffer.  What frame
> buffers are in your machines?

  The mfbPosCursor() procedure in pmax/dev/mfb.c is making the same checks
on the cursor position as the ims332PosCursor() for the 5000/xx.  The x
position should compare with the framebuffer width and the y position
with the framebuffer height.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  mhitch@montana.edu