Subject: Xdm lockups
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthew Schnierle <pyld@grove.iup.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/03/1997 00:56:41
Hi all,
I managed to get the latest shlib'd X11R6.3 stuff running on a DS5000/120
with a pmag a (which required use of the Xcfbpmax server, of all things).
At any rate, I'm starting Xdm from rc.local with

if [ -f /usr/X11R6.3/bin/xdm ]; then
        /usr/X11R6.3/bin/xdm; echo -n 'xdm'
fi

Which works fine, until you leave the console alone long enough for the
screen to be blanked.  After the screen blanks, xdm won't bring the login
prompt back up again.  Ctrl-R will give me a pointer that's frozen in the
upper left corner of the display.  Alt does zilch.  -HUPping the remaining
xdm process (after a ^R) returns everything to normal--there is the login
prompter.  Not being an X expert, I figure there has to be something I'm
missing.

Any/all help or flames greatly appreciated...

-Matthew Schnierle
-pyld@grove.iup.edu
-http://www.iup.edu/~pyld/
-Member, Programmers Local 1036--AFL-CPIO.
-Stomp out Internet Spam.  http://www.vix.com/spam/