Subject: X11 problem.
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alexandre Lamotte <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 04/01/1997 17:03:06
I've been trying to put the X11R6.3 to work on my DEcstation
for so long and It's driving me crazy. :)
Here are the step I've done 'till now:
- I got the 1997-03-16 kernel snapshot.
- After this, I put in my system the distribution kit of X11R6.3
- I put the following lines in my rc.local file:
" if [ -f /usr/X11R6.3/bin/xfs ]; then
/usr/X11R6.3/bin/xfs & echo -n 'xfs'
if [ -f /usr/X11R6.3/bin/xdm ]; then
/usr/X11R6.3/bin/xdm; echo -n 'xdm' "
- When I rebooted the system, no errors messages occurred.
- Issuing the command " ps -ax ", I can see the process xfs and xdm
running but the graphic console doesnt show up.
- If I went to another system with X enviroment, and telnet my system,
the graphic applications can start, great ! the xdm server is working.
- Taking a look at the xdm-errors I can found:
" Fatal server error:
no screen found
xdm error (pid 119): IO error in XOpenDisplay
xdm error (pid 111): Display :0 cannot be opened
couldn't open RGB_DB 'store/lib/X11/rgb'
couldn't open /dev/mouse ".
Have I done anything wrong ???? :(
Could anyone save me ???
Thanks in advance.