Subject: Re: Problem: 2nd SCSI disk in DS 5000/33
To: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
From: Karl Ramm <karl@oit.duke.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/16/1997 08:01:52
mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu (Michael L. Hitch) writes:
> > Any suggestions or informations about how
> > to connect/terminate  the disks are welcome.
>
>   I don't recall seeing a second SCSI connector inside the box.  The internal
> drive is probably terminated on the motherboard and relies on the short
> cable used to connect that drive.  Extending that cable to a second drive
> probably would have problem, unless the cable was very short (i.e. the
> second drive sitting on top of the internal drive and the connecting cable
> as short as possible).

The second internal SCSI connector on the maxine motherboard is immediately
forward of the floppy controller and appears to be terminated the same way
that the first one is.  Of course, to install the disk properly you need to
a) obtain a mounting bracket and similar short SCSI cable, and b) remove
any floppy drive (unless you do something @i(extremely) clever
mounting-wise.

karl