Subject: decstation 3100 install question
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Deker <deker@digex.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 03/06/1997 00:47:37
I have a decstation 3100 that I'm trying to install 1.2 on, and I'm having
a bit of trouble with the disklabel for the miniroot disk. I have, according
to directions, slapped a disk onto a "helper system" (a netbsd-current/sparc
machine) and attempted the (unchecked?) use of disklabel as specified in
the pmax-install doc from www.netbsd org. For some reason, the -b -s options
to disklabel, while in the manpage, are NOT know to disklabel. In the
install doc it also mentions the possibility of cross-compiling a pmax
comfigured disklabel for this purpose. It does not however, even hint
at how one would go about doing this. ANy help is appreciated..

thanks

rob

"Off the keyboard, through the CPU, | deker@digex.net
out the transceiver, down the rj45  | Systems Engineer
line, across the router, through    |
the Hub, out the gateway.           |
        Nothing but net."           |