Subject: Booting problems
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Obremski <obremski@fdu.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/12/1997 19:51:13
Ok, well, i finally got my partitions squared away, dump the fs, etc....i
ran ./MAKEDEV all (a PITA since chown/chmod/chgrp aren't on the minroot,
nor does root, bin, wheel exist in the miniroot's /etc/* ...)..got that
done, the devices look good, copy the kernel over from the miniroot to
the partition, peachy...reset the box, type 'boot 5/rz0a/netbsd) ...and
this is what i get:

KN02-AA V5.3t
>>boot 5/rz0a/netbsd
Boot: 5/rz0a/netbsd
Size: 1034064+0+90900
Starting at 0x80030000

KN02-AA V5.3t     (PC: 0x801ffafc, SP: 0x8002ff90)

i.e. it goers to start..then stops and dumps me back off at a boot prompt.

Now, what int he dickins is goin on here? I can't think of a single
reason why it shouldn't boot..i newfs'd the partiytions; no complaints
there. Dumping the distro; no complaints there. Everything should be
perfect..so what the heck am i missing? what broke? Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Greg

---

=     Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,    =
=     The courage to change the things I can,                              =
=     And the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill      =
=     because they pi$$ed me off.                                          =
Greg Obremski                        ||"Imagine if every Thursday your shoes
Fairleigh Dickinson University       || exploded if you tied them in the
Academic Computer Center             || usual way. This happens to us all
Operations Supervisor                || the time with computers, and nobody
Voice: 201-692-2731                  || thinks of complaining."
Pager: 201-441-6536                  ||
email: obremski@fdu.edu              ||		-Jeff Raskin, interviewed
web:   http://magnet.fdu.edu/greg    ||          in Doctor Dobb's Journal.