Subject: Re: installation help
To: Jerome Marella <mopar+@pitt.edu>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/05/1997 21:16:45
On Tue, 4 Feb 1997, Jerome Marella wrote:

..
.. Hi,
..
.. Can anyone tell me how to run disklabel? I have a DECStation 2100 with 3
.. disks. 1 Ultrix 4.2a disk, and 2 empty. I copied the disklabel program,
.. rzboot and bootrz to the Ultrix disk (along with the rest of the
.. distribution). I tried to use the following command to write the
.. disklabel:
..
.. disklabel -w -B -b rzboot -s bootrz /dev/rz1c RZ56
..
.. disklabel: bootrz: Invalid argument
..
.. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
..

My experience is that you need full pathnames for the boot blocks, e.g.
/usr/mdec/rzboot instead of just rzboot (unless of course your current
directory is /usr/mdec or whereever your boot blocks are).

- Erik Bertelsen