Subject: re: Disklabeling the RZ56
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Obremski <obremski@fdu.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/03/1997 21:13:18
Ok..solution: (since i am chained to a WinNT box, i didn't have the
luxury of netbooting from an ultrix or other box..byut i digress.)

I found a new(er) disktab in the -current distro...after mucking around
with a freeware nfs server for WinNT for a while, i finally got it
mounted, cp'd it over, and was able to disklabel from there with 0 pain.
Now i just gotta copy over the main .tar.gz's, gunzip * | tar xvf -, and
./MAKEDEV. hopefully. (watch as i leave out a few crucial steps and go
home tonight frothing at the mouth.)

Anyway, Thanks guys for all the help you've sent me. Just FYI..i think
there's some problems in the disktab included in the miniroot-1.2.tar.gz
in the pmax distro. Either that, or the one i got was somehow hosered.
Anyway, point being..it's 'fixed' for the moment.

Once again, thanks for all the help :)

Greg

---

=     Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,    =
=     The courage to change the things I can,                              =
=     And the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill      =
=     because they ate the stuffing out of my Oreos.                       =
Greg Obremski                        ||"Imagine if every Thursday your shoes
Fairleigh Dickinson University       || exploded if you tied them in the
Academic Computer Center             || usual way. This happens to us all
Operations Supervisor                || the time with computers, and nobody
Voice: 201-692-2731                  || thinks of complaining."
Pager: 201-441-6536                  ||
email: obremski@fdu.edu              ||		-Jeff Raskin, interviewed
web:   http://testweb.fdu.edu/greg   ||          in Doctor Dobb's Journal.