Subject: disklabeling an rz56...here we go again.
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Obremski <obremski@fdu.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 02/03/1997 18:38:07
Hi all,

Took me a while (error on my part; on i386 netbsd was cat miniroot-1.2 |
dd /dev/rsd1c ...cept on i386, it's partition d, not c, that's the whole
disk. *shrug* there's 2 weeks, gone..), but i finally got my Decstation
5000/200 booted. Wonderful...great. i have a # prompt. woohoo..

# disklabel -w -B -b rzboot -s bootrz rz1 rz56
disklabel: partition a: offset past end of unit
disklabel: partition a: partitino extends past end of unit
....etc, all the way on down to h.

(rz1 is going to be my primary boot drive; the current drive, with it's
whole 50 megs, will be re-relegated to the 'for emegerency use only'
pile.)

Let's pop on over to the pmax-ports archive and look this up..yep. it's
bitten others in the butt, too.

Well, my question is this: is there an updated disktab out containing the
DEC RZ56 disktab entry? or do i have to muck around with ed and change it
manually? (don't have the ora manual on ed yet, and i'll be dipped if i
can remember much past w, q, and / ....:-/ )

i guess i'll havta nfs-mount something to copy the disktab over, that's
no biggie...i jsut want ot verify that one does exist before i spend
another 2 weeks hoping and wondering what the heck i managed to break
this time.

Thanks for any help y'all can give me; i'm trapped on an NT box at the
moment, and i'd give most anything to be back in a real os :-/

Greg Obremski