Subject: Re: Looking for a X11R5 Xcfbpmax X server PMAGB-BA for NetBSD-current
To: D. Sean Davidson <davidson@sean.zk3.dec.com>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/15/1997 19:27:30
On Jan 15,  5:57pm, "D. Sean Davidson" wrote:
> 	Has anyone gotten the X11R5 X Xcfbpmax server working on NetBSD-current
> 	with a PMAGB-BA (HX) (SFB) card?
>
> 	I have a PMAG-BA (CX) (CFB) card that works fine with this server but
> 	when I try and use my (HX) card the server just core dumps.
>
> 	I was hoping to move from my 16" (CX) controlled monitor to a newer
> 	19" (HX) controlled monitor.

  I think I got it running once, but I had to make a patch to the executable.
There was some code added to the server that was supposed to handle the
display size dynamically, but I think it was buggy.  I was able to locate
the code sequence in the binary and patch it to something that worked.

net2$ cmp -l Xcfbpmax.orig Xcfbpmax
  2291 244 246

Michael

--