Subject: Re: Next snapshot
To: Kent Vander Velden <graphix@iastate.edu>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/01/1997 20:44:56
On Wed, 1 Jan 1997, Kent Vander Velden wrote:

..
.. >
.. >If you get the comp.tar.gz archive from the snapshot *Before* that,
.. >you'll be able to compile and link, but you still can't build a working
.. >kernel as far as I can tell.
.. >
.. >				eric
.. >
..
..   I am pretty sure, though could be mistaken, that I was able to build a
.. working kernel with the november snapshot with some fiddling.  If I get
.. the older comp.tar.gz will I lose the share library support?
Yes.

To build a kernel with the shared library compiler/linker set-up, compile
the kernel with "cc -mno-abicalls" and link it with the old linker
(ld.old).

- Erik Bertelsen