Subject: while we're on the subject of netbooting...
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nathan Parrish <nparrish@best.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/20/1996 10:06:23
I've gotten fairly far along booting my 5k/200 off of a netbsd/i386, but I'm
getting stuck when the dec sends the bootparam getfile request.  specifics
will be a little sketchy since I'm at work, sorry.  The dec is complaining
along the lines of "rpc timeout from nfs_server."  I did a tcpdump and found
that the dec was sending packets to the port rpc.bootparamd is listening to.
I ran bootparamd in debug mode, and it answers the whois (?) call correctly,
and then reports that it got a getfile request from the dec for file root.
it then says file not found(?).  the /etc/bootparams file is there and is
correct afaik.
again, sorry this is so sketchy, if I haven't resolved this by this weekend
I'll include all relevant files and exact error messages.
thanks,
nathan